The Centers for Educational Equity and Excellence (CE3) invites eligible newly admitted transfer students to apply to the Sharer Scholars Program. The Sharer Scholars Program provides outstanding transfer students from California community colleges the opportunity to benefit from comprehensive support, a network of fellow transfer students, and an annual scholarship.
To be eligible for the program, applicants must meet the following:
- Pell Grant or California Dream Aid Eligible
- US Resident, Citizen, or DACA Recipient
- Fall Admit
- Incoming California Community College Transfer Student
Unfortunately, international students and out-of-state students are ineligible for this program.
Prospective scholars will be evaluated using the following criteria:
- Academic Achievement: In what ways has the candidate demonstrated academic success? What is their potential for academic success in the future?
- Career Aspirations: How well does the candidate clearly demonstrate a path to an immediate career after Berkeley? How well do they articulate why this particular career path is important to them?
- Life Experience and Overall Need: What life experiences have strengthened and prepared the student for success in their chosen career? How well did they demonstrate exceptional tenacity or motivation?
Applications for the 2023-2024 academic year will open on April 22, 2023. Please note that the form does not auto-save your submission. Please make sure you have all info required to complete the form in its entirety before you submit it. Additionally, the Sharer Scholars selection process requires one letter of recommendation from a mentor, teacher, instructor, or counselor that addresses the academic preparation, educational goals, and career aspirations of the candidate. Letters of recommendation may be submitted here.
The Sharer Scholars program application and recommendation letter deadline is Friday, May 12th by 5pm. This is a firm deadline and there will be no exceptions. There is no grace period for applicants and recommenders. Should you have any questions, direct them to email@example.com